Tuesday 19 January 2016

Speculatius spice mix

As I do not live in The Netherlands any more it isn't easy for me to get hold of speculatius spice mix these days, fortunately it is very easy to make myself.
Usually at the end of November I make a preserving jar full of it. I tend to use a LOT of it in the month of December for my St. Nicolas and Yuletide baking. And just in case I do not finish it, I can continue making speculatius biscuits until it is all finished.


This is what it looks like.


Origin: Dutch


Difficulty: easy
Time: 10 minutes
Traditional, Primal, Paleo, Vegetarian, etc


Equipment:
  • preserving jar
  • measuring spoons


Ingredients:
  • 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon clove
  • 2 teaspoons ginger
  • 2 teaspoons white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cardamom
  • 1 teaspoon anisseed


Directions:


  • All need to be powder, so in case you only have the whole part, pulverise it.
  • Put all in the preserving jar, stir, done!

No comments:

Post a Comment